Koh dach, Kandal is a picturesque island located on the banks of Mekong River, on the upstream of Phnom Penh. Kandal is one of the provinces in Cambodia offering a vast range of sightseeing places and historical sites. Koh dach, Kandal is one of the popular tourist destinations in the province as well as in Cambodia. The entire area of Koh dach island covers 30 square kilometers of land lying on the shores of Mekong River. The travelers, who want a break from the buys and hectic life, can land to this secluded and sleepy island. The tourists can reach the island within a minute from Phnom Penh by availing boats. The island is located on the National Road No. 6a in Kon Dach Commune.
The visitors arriving at the island can have ample opportunities to have fresh air and recreation. The riverside resort is an ideal destination for the people seeking peace and silence. The visitors can have abundant of traditional handicrafts like silk weaving, pottery, dyeing and wood carving. If they want to buy these local articles, they can pay a visit to the local workshops and street shops as well as handicraft center. The tourists can also have an insight of the local villages and the lifestyle of the villagers living near the Mekong River by touring this part of the city. There are satisfying arrangements for riding cruise boat and enjoy swimming. The island is also a perfect venue for excursion, day trip and picnic.
The island is famed as an important silk weaving center. The handicraft production is one of the most famous attractions for the tourists. The commune of Koh Dach involves 5 villages, known as Koh Dach, Kbal Koh, Lvea, Chong Koh and Neah village. The prominent occupation of the local villagers consists of: Planting sub-product crop such as corn, sesame, bean and banana Planting fruit tree Manufacturing mosquito net, silk sarong, phamuong, Hol, silk krama and running small businesses There are three pagodas located in the commune of Koh Duch, such as: Ampor Phal ,Kra Pumpich ,Sa Maki kbal koh travel.mapsofworld.com provides you on-line description of Koh dach, Kandal.
- Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh Hotels
Phnom Penh Tours
- Phnom Penh Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, and Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum Tour
- Phnom Penh Airport Taxi (Airport - Hotel - Airport)
- By Car or Van - Phom Penh to Kampot-Kep Or Kep-Kampot to Phnom Penh
- Private Car Transfer from Phnom Penh - Battambang - Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh Airport Visa on arrival & Fast Track Services
- Eastern Cambodia Explorer 8Days-7Nights
- Half-Day Tour - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choeung Ek from Phnom Penh
- Complete Cambodia Explorer 28Days-27Nights
- Wonderful Cambodia Explorer 21Days-20Nights
- Private overland transfer from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
- Private Car Transfer from Phnom Penh to Sihanouk Ville
- Green Challenger 14Days-13Nights