Koh dach, Kandal is a picturesque island located on the banks of Mekong River, on the upstream of Phnom Penh. Kandal is one of the provinces in Cambodia offering a vast range of sightseeing places and historical sites. Koh dach, Kandal is one of the popular tourist destinations in the province as well as in Cambodia. The entire area of Koh dach island covers 30 square kilometers of land lying on the shores of Mekong River. The travelers, who want a break from the buys and hectic life, can land to this secluded and sleepy island. The tourists can reach the island within a minute from Phnom Penh by availing boats. The island is located on the National Road No. 6a in Kon Dach Commune.
The visitors arriving at the island can have ample opportunities to have fresh air and recreation. The riverside resort is an ideal destination for the people seeking peace and silence. The visitors can have abundant of traditional handicrafts like silk weaving, pottery, dyeing and wood carving. If they want to buy these local articles, they can pay a visit to the local workshops and street shops as well as handicraft center. The tourists can also have an insight of the local villages and the lifestyle of the villagers living near the Mekong River by touring this part of the city. There are satisfying arrangements for riding cruise boat and enjoy swimming. The island is also a perfect venue for excursion, day trip and picnic.
The island is famed as an important silk weaving center. The handicraft production is one of the most famous attractions for the tourists. The commune of Koh Dach involves 5 villages, known as Koh Dach, Kbal Koh, Lvea, Chong Koh and Neah village. The prominent occupation of the local villagers consists of: Planting sub-product crop such as corn, sesame, bean and banana Planting fruit tree Manufacturing mosquito net, silk sarong, phamuong, Hol, silk krama and running small businesses There are three pagodas located in the commune of Koh Duch, such as: Ampor Phal ,Kra Pumpich ,Sa Maki kbal koh travel.mapsofworld.com provides you on-line description of Koh dach, Kandal.
- Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh Hotels
Phnom Penh Tours
- Amazing Cambodia 14Days - 13Nights
- Complete Cambodia Explorer 28Days-27Nights
- Beautifull Cambodia Explorer 21Days - 20Nights
- Green Challenger 14Days-13Nights
- Private Oudong Temples and Phnom Prasith Tour from Phnom Penh
- Battambang In Deep From Phnom Penh - 4 Days
- Eastern Cambodia Explorer 8Days-7Nights
- Kirirom National Park Private Day Tour from Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh Highlights Tours
- Private Car Transfer from Phnom Penh - Battambang - Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by Private Car or Minivan
- Full-day Private Phnom Penh National Museum and Royal Palace Tour