The tenth century temple of Banteay Srei is renowned for its intricate decoration carved in pinkish sandstone that covers the walls like tapestry. This site warrants as much time as your schedule allows.
The roads have been recently repaired and it takes about 30 minutes from Siem Reap to get to the temple. To reach Banteay Srei, follow the main road north out of Siem Reap, turn right at Angkor Wat and follow the road to Srah Srang where you turn right past Pre Rup.
At the East Mebon there is a check post where you need to obtain clearnce. Turn right again at the road before the East Mebon; pass through the village of Phoum Pradak, where there is a junctions (if you continue straight, after about 5 minutes, you will reach Banteay Samre). At this point, you come to a fork; take the road on the left and follow it to Batneay Srei which you will reach shortly after crossing two rivers - on your left hand side.
Banteay Srei is an exquisite miniature; a fairy palace in the heart of an immense and mysterious forest; the very thing that Grimm delighted to imagine, and that every child's heart has yearned after, but which mature years has sadly proved too lovely to be true. And here it is, in the Cambodian forest at Banteay Srei, carved not out of the stuff that dreams are made of, but of solid sandstone.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Full-day Small-Group Angkor Wat Tour from Siem Reap
- Roluos - Kbal Spean and Banteay Srei tour 1Day
- Floating Villages and Beng Melea tour 2Days
- 3-Day Majestic Angkor Wat, Siem Reap and Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Countryside by bike tour 1Day
- Siem Reap Nightlife Tour Assistance
- Phnom Kulen Group Excursions, 1000 Linga River and Reclining Buddha
- 2-Day Exploration of Beng Mealea, Koh Ker and Preah Vihear
- Private Angkor Wat and Temples Tours till Sunset
- Angkor By Bike 5Days - 4Nights
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Prasat Bakan tour 2Days
- Phnom Kulen and 1000 Lingas River - Private Day Tour from Siem Reap