The tenth century temple of Banteay Srei is renowned for its intricate decoration carved in pinkish sandstone that covers the walls like tapestry. This site warrants as much time as your schedule allows.
The roads have been recently repaired and it takes about 30 minutes from Siem Reap to get to the temple. To reach Banteay Srei, follow the main road north out of Siem Reap, turn right at Angkor Wat and follow the road to Srah Srang where you turn right past Pre Rup.
At the East Mebon there is a check post where you need to obtain clearnce. Turn right again at the road before the East Mebon; pass through the village of Phoum Pradak, where there is a junctions (if you continue straight, after about 5 minutes, you will reach Banteay Samre). At this point, you come to a fork; take the road on the left and follow it to Batneay Srei which you will reach shortly after crossing two rivers - on your left hand side.
Banteay Srei is an exquisite miniature; a fairy palace in the heart of an immense and mysterious forest; the very thing that Grimm delighted to imagine, and that every child's heart has yearned after, but which mature years has sadly proved too lovely to be true. And here it is, in the Cambodian forest at Banteay Srei, carved not out of the stuff that dreams are made of, but of solid sandstone.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Angkor Wat Private Tour in a Tuk Tuk
- 2-Day Exploration of Beng Mealea, Koh Ker and Preah Vihear
- Sunrise Small-Group Tour of Angkor Wat from Siem Reap
- Lost Temples tour 3Days
- Siem Reap Nightlife Tour Assistance
- Flight of Gibbon at Angkor Wat
- Siem Reap and Phnom Penh Highlights in 5 days from Angkor Wat
- Angkor Wat With Balloon Ride and Lunch Small-Group
- Roluos - Kbal Spean and Banteay Srei tour 1Day
- Angkor Wat Admission Ticket (1-Day Ticket)
- Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei Temples - Private Tour from Siem Reap
- Khmer Odyssey Part I 7Days-6Nights