In the foothills of Kulen Mountain, lies the Bos Thom Community Forest, 1100 acres of protected forest inhabited by the 14 elephants of Angkor. For 22 years, these elephants have given rides to visitors in the temples of the world heritage site. Today, they roam free in their natural habitat and are living testimony of a changing world.
With 75 remaining captive elephants in Cambodia, the protection of this amazing animal is more critical than ever. A visit to the Kulen Elephant Forest will not only help the elephants of Angkor but all elephants in Cambodia through the KEF’s longer term objectives, for we believe in the power of education and tourism as drivers for conservation.
The elephants at the Kulen Elephant Forest have spent most of their lives working in the tourism industry and are enjoying a long-awaited and well-deserved retirement. Here in the forest, they can finally roam free and unburdened. They will rediscover relationships, natural foods they haven’t eaten in years, and receive the best of care.
Our mission is to provide our residents with a happy and comfortable retirement but also to offer a fun, educational approach to elephant conservation and contribute as much as possible to preserving the remaining elephants of Cambodia.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Floating Villages, Tonle Sap Lake and Mangrove Forest from Siem Reap
- Roluos - Kbal Spean and Banteay Srei tour 1Day
- 4D3N-Overland to Cambodia, Angkor Wat Group Tour from Bangkok, Thailand
- Full-Day UNESCO listed Angkor Wat and Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Tonle Sap Lake Adventure 14Days-13Nights
- Rolous Group and Preah Khan - Private Day Tour
- Phnom Kulen and 1000 Lingas River - Private Day Tour from Siem Reap
- Flight of Gibbon at Angkor Wat
- Rosana Broadway Cabaret Show
- Tonle Sap Lake - Kampong Khleang Private Day Tour with lunch from Siem Reap
- Phnom Kulen Group Excursions, 1000 Linga River and Reclining Buddha
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Kratie - Kompong Cham tour 3Days