The Banteay Srey Butterfly Centre (BBC) is a new tourist attraction for Siem Reap Province featuring a live display of Cambodian butterflies. Revenue generated by tourist admissions provides support for local poverty alleviation and conservation projects.
Banteay Srey Butterfly Centre (BBC) is an interactive butterfly exhibit located 25 km north of Siem Reap, on the road to the Landmine Museum and Bantey Srey temple. The exhibit consists of a netted tropical garden with thousands of free-flying butterflies, all of which are native species to Cambodia. The enclosure is South East Asia's largest butterfly exhibit and provides residents and tourists with an interactive and visual environment to learn about butterflies and support local communities.
At BBC it is possible to experience butterflies feeding and flying very close at hand and to witness the complete life cycle of many species. The butterflies (in pupae form) are farmed sustainably by people from villages in the Siem Reap Province. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will greet you on your arrival and will explain the background to the project and about butterfly life-cycle and ecology.
We are open 7 days a week, 9 am - 5 pm, all year round.
Admission Fees Adult: $6 Child: $3
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Flight of Gibbon at Angkor Wat
- Khmer Odyssey Part I 7Days-6Nights
- Angkor Wat Admission Ticket (1-Day Ticket)
- 4D3N-Overland to Cambodia, Angkor Wat Group Tour from Bangkok, Thailand
- Khmer Odyssey Part II 7Days-6Nights
- Angkor Highlights Tour
- Siem Reap-Sambor Prei Kuk Homestay-Phnom Penh
- Tonle Sap Lake-Floating Villages-Mangrove Forest from Siem Reap
- Angkor Wat With Balloon Ride and Lunch Small-Group
- 3-Day Majestic Angkor Wat, Siem Reap and Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Cambodia Unlocked 7Days/6Nights
- Siem Reap Phare Circus Show