The War museum in Siem Reap, Cambodia displays numbers of old military equipment, such as aircraft, tanks, landminesand and guns, all in quite shabby condition.
The Siem Reap War Museum is located on National Route No 6 near the Cambodian Cultural Village. Coming from Siem Reap town on the right hand side, just behind the military office. Take a Remok, Motorbike or car.
The guy that runs this small and very new place was forced to join the Khmer Rouge as a boy and trained to make as lay landmines, something they were all too good at. The Vietnamese-installed government rescued him in 1985-so his story goes-and thereafter he helped the government in clearing areas where landmines have been laid. His name is Akira and he is a friendly guy that speaks English and Japanese ad is happy to visit with people that come by.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Angkor Wat Private Full Day Tour from Siem Reap
- 2-Day Best of Angkor Wat and Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Sambor Prei Kuk tour 1Day
- Phnom Kulen and Beng Melea tour 1Day
- Private car transfer from (Aranyaprathet) - Poipet Border - Siem Reap
- Small Group Sunset Cruise on Tonle Sap Lake with Cambodian drinks and Canape
- Angkor National Museum
- Full-day Small-Group Angkor Wat Tour from Siem Reap
- Angkor By Bike 5Days - 4Nights
- Tonle Sap Lake - Kampong Khleang Private Day Tour with lunch from Siem Reap
- Cambodia - Past & Present tour 1Day
- An Introduction to the Khmer culture tour 1Day